Monday 22 February 2010

W2 D1: So I skipped a bit...

I didn't do my third run of the week, mainly because I like the orderly-ness of a week starting on a Monday. And shockingly, I managed the increase in running time.

There was snow, sleet, freezing rain and a couple of slight hills, and I still made it. The main delight was getting home and watching Don't Tell the Bride with a hot crumpet, followed by a hotter bath.

I tried Suz's hip hop podcast, which really helped - it turns out there's nothing like Will Smith explaining the fact that he's not after a threesome, he just likes to watch girls enjoying themselves on the dance floor to get the miles (metres?) ticking along. I think maybe I won't be able to use my own playlists until I can do that running whilst meditating thing, where you don't mind the music just washing over you. I also tried a new route, which made things more interesting. I'm slightly concerned I've used up all the non-hilly roads already though...

My stomach muscles really hurt today, and I'm not sure doing two days in a row was the most sensible decision, but at least it means I'm working...


PS - this is clearly a diary for me to keep track of how I'm doing. Riveting reading this don't make.

No comments:

Post a Comment