Sunday 12 June 2011

Oh god, what have I done?

Promised to do the Brighton Half Marathon, that's what.

Whilst I haven't got as far as signing up, I have every intention of doing so. After all, there's no conceivable reason why I can't do it - I proved I could go from a couch to a 5k, and it's only over four times 5k (21.0957k, in fact) which theoretically is about two hours of running. And I've got two legs, which I think is one of the only prerequisites. Although, honestly, I'd rather have these.

In true Starter None Finisher style, I've joined a couple of running sites, googled 'things to hold your keys whilst running' and decided which training plan I'm going to follow. Now all I need to do is do two medium runs during the week, and one long one at the weekend. Every week. A side effect of that is that I'm going to have to not drink the night before, which, quite honestly, is one of the biggest attractions. I know myself well enough to know I can do these things if I have an aim.

This time, I'm going to figure out a way to run places other than my 5k route - I want to tick off the following:

Hyde Park
Regents Park
Regents Canal
Southbank

I've also decided I need to be up and at 'em at 7.30am every morning, and it's going to have to be even earlier in the summer when it's hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment