Wednesday 7 April 2010

W8 D1. The one in which she finds out that running ain't cheap. At least not when she's involved

So, yes. Week 8. And also Week 7 - a bit of a bitch. I think it's because I've run all the flat routes I can in the 25 mins, so now the runs involve (very small) hills, which my body rebels against. It rebels in this very particular manner where I think I'm going to die, which is cute. Still, I'll get there. And soon, there will be sun, and that will be awesome.

But running being just a case of buying some running shoes and setting off? Bollocks. So far, I have invested in:

  1. special running socks
  2. running tracksuit bottoms
  3. two breathable tops
  4. one zip up top
  5. one iPod arm band
  6. one heart rate monitor that does not have a pedometer so I don't use
  7. one audiobook for the iPod
  8. one Nike+ sportsband
  9. one pouch to hold Nike sensor on the shoe
We're looking at pushing £100 here, and that's without the £70 shoes. Still, marginally (not really) cheaper than a gym membership, right? And I get to have a shower all to myself after.

No comments:

Post a Comment